Inter School Chess Tournament 2016
RULES & REGULATIONS
1. All the players must report to the venue by 9.00 am on 5th August, 2016.
2. If the players do not report within 15 minutes of the scheduled time of the start of game, the opponent will automatically get WALK OVER [unless informed in advance].
3. Rules of the All India Chess Federation and FIDE shall apply to the Inter School Chess Tournament unless, otherwise, decided by the Tournament Committee before the commencement of the Championship.
4. The Tournament will be held Under 19 year age category.
5. The Tournament will be played according to the Swiss System [Five Rounds]. A team shall not play against any other team more than once.
6. There will be a common competition for Girls and Boys.
7. A Team comprises of 04 players. Each playing against the other of the same status in order of ranking.
8. Each School shall clearly state the names of its Team Members before the start of the Tournament. Captain / Manager shall submit the original rating order to the Chief Arbiter before the start of the Tournament. The players will not be allowed to interchange their seeds throughout the Competition.
9. The session of play shall be of 60 minutes from move one without increment.
10. Scoring System: Each win of a player will attain 1 point for the Team. For example, if the players of the Team win three out of four matches, they get a total of 3 points for it.
11. The final position of the Teams shall be determined by the number of match points scored by each Team.
12. Spectators [other than Escort Teachers & Officials], will not be allowed inside the Hall.
13. Decisions of the Arbiters will be Final & Abiding.